Sunday, April 15, 2012

Semester Ends, Planning for New Year Begins

First of all everyone, I'd like to announce that we have a new Presidency for next year. Thanks to all those who helped us get the club going in January, and a special thanks to the former presidency: Austin Bolton, Landon Deru, Sterling Haws, Jake Walden, Jon Dahl, and Dave McAdams. We are very excited about this new presidency and about this upcoming year.


President - Austin Bolton
Vice Pres - Matt McKee
Secretary - JD Marett
NLO - Cory Albrechtsen
Preceptor Coordinator - Nate Russell


We intend to work this summer to get some great service opportunities lined up for those who need something consistent. We already have a few connections among the presidency and intend to use them. We will also have our Preceptor Program ready in which we will be able to set students up with DO's in the area of different specialties.


ALSO, May 18-19 there is an awesome premed conference at UVU. I went to this last year and it was really great. You'll have the opportunity to mingle with med schools (DO and MD), med students, and physicians. There are presentations from physicians of all different specialties in which you can learn from them first hand about their experiences along with the pros and cons of their specialties. It costs $35 and is worth every penny (includes food and some SWAG)! I will be attending the conference Saturday (I can't make it Friday) and I'd be happy to carpool with anyone interested in attending. You'll want to register before April 20th for the early registration cost. Also I know that most of the AMSA presidency is attending and will therefore be another means of carpool if you wish. Please contact me if you have any issues, questions, or desires. This is a picture from last year's conference.
The link below will take you to their website. I hope to see many of you there. http://www.ipremedconference.org/


We will be planning a meeting for "Relay for Life" in the next week and a half in which we'll plan and coordinate for a fund raiser and for the Relay for Life event! If you're not already on the team and you're interested, let me know and I'll help you get signed up for the team.


Last announcement. Next Saturday, the 21st of April AMSA is doing their bi-annual Highway Pickup. This is a fun service opportunity. I went last time and I'll be there the 21st. We're meeting at 8:30 am at the Park'n' Ride on Highway 89 by Weber Canyon. I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment